Sunday 1 March 2020

3D-printing tanks... Pt. I: Hetzers

I know, I know... Officially they are called Jagdpanzer 38(t)... But whatever you call them, I printed myself a platoon of these beauties!

Three Jagdpanzers... Two all buttoned up and the third with an
open hatch to accommodate a commander...
I have wanted to add these to my collection for a long time now. These will be painted shortly.

The design is neat, quite detailed and perfectly adequate for a gaming model. I'd say the level of detail is somewhere between PSC and Zvezda. 

Below are two pictures comparing the printed models to the resin and metal miniatures from Battlefront (these are the property of my gaming buddy).



Being able to print miniatures like these was one of the reasons I realy wanted to get my own resin 3D-printer. And now that I have printed my first tanks, I must say that I am very impressed with the quality of the prints. The surfaces are smooth, there are no lines whatsoever and the detail is just very sharp. The end result obviously is also dependant on the quality of the design.

The files for this model can be found here...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel,

    Thank you for the huge compliment! More updates coming soon!

    ReplyDelete