Tuesday 17 March 2020

3D-printing tanks... pt. V: Staghound

As part of the British/Commonwealth project I have printed a couple of Staghound armoured cars...




When compared to a tank, like this Sherman and Ram, the Staghound is pretty big. The size of the vehicle also becomes clear when looking at the pictures above, the crew and infantry give a good indication of the size of this thing...

Four Staghounds...
From all sides...

For now I have equipped my Staghounds with the mk. II 75mm turret, but I intend to print a couple of the other turrets, too.

The files for this model can be found here, courtesy of Thingiverse and the designer, m_bergman...

As with the previous tanks, I also adapted these models to accommodate a set of magnets, I also hollowed out the barrel of the gun...




2 comments:

  1. There's a Staghound in the Canadian War Museum, and you are right, it is a massive beastie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that! Where is the museum you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete