Monday 9 March 2020

3D-printing game markers for What a Tanker!

As a bit of a test I designed a set of markers, or tokens, for What a Tanker!

This game, made by Too Fat Lardies, is fast becoming one of my favourite games. What a Tanker! uses a set of acryllic tokens which are pretty solid to begin with, but I really wanted to try to design and print my own set...

After a bit of tinkering in Tinkercad, a free, web-based 3D-drawing program, I came up with this...


Four individual markers... From left to right: reloaded, buttoned up, aimed and target aquired... I designed these to be printed small; the biggest is about 20mm tall... I also uploaded these on Thingiverse so that other Tankers can print them too.

Fresh out of the printer... The prints are extremely delicate...
I managed to get them cleaned up rather easily, but due to the delicate parts it did take me a bit longer than usual...

I love the detail on these, they came out better than I expected...

The first set of printed markers with the standard markers...
Obviously, these will get painted.

To complete my set I am going to print another set of these, for a total of six of each marker, enough for most games.



No comments:

Post a Comment