Sunday 22 March 2020

3D-printing a complete army... pt. II

The printing part is done...

A 1750 points Late War company for Flames of War...

The first models I printed for this project were the Rams. These were done on March 14th. Yesterday, March 21st, I finished the last models, two Sherman V's... This entire company took me only a week to print. Admitted, if I weren't forced to work from home it would have taken me a bit longer, but only a couple of days... Consisting of 22 vehicles, this is quite a sizable force. I actually printed more vehicles than were needed for this list (like the Daimlers) and even did some prints for another player...

Apart from the infantry, these are from PSC, check them out here, everything is printed on my Elegoo MARS.

I used about an entire 1L bottle of Elegoo's water washable resin, meaning this army (excluding the infantry) costs me about €45,-/€50,- in raw material...

The company roster...
I know, fielding seven platoons is sub-optimal, but this is what looked right to me...

Some of you may notice I took the liberty to swap out the command Shermans for my Rams. I really wanted to include these models in my army, the miniatures just look too good not to use... In games they can easily pass as a Sherman, some players might not even notice... To be on yhe safe side, I will add a couple of Shermans to the company so I can swap them if the need arises.

With all the models completed I am waiting for my paint to arrive... I lacked the colours I wanted to use for this project and none of my local stores stock my brand of paint anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment