Monday 2 March 2020

3D-printing dungeon decor... pt. I

Apart from printing 15mm tanks my Elegoo MARS will be used to print stuff for my HirstArts dungeon project...

With a dungeon this large it takes a lot of stuff to make it feel habitable (the atmosphere I am striving for)... To get an idea of the size, check the two pictures below.

Big... Very big... But also very empty...


Last year I managed to add quite a few pieces of furniture and decor to the dungeon, but nowhere near enough... Some of the pieces I can cast myself using plaster and rubber molds, other items were bought. This can get rather expensive, fast... Especially when you want to add some of the more special items.

The pictures below give some good examples of the kind of items I have been adding to my dungeon...

Various piles of stored goods... Resin, plaster and metal bits...

A closer view of a filled storage...
Various cupboards...
Depending on the source, these items are almost free (self cast plaster) or a couple of €/£/$ a piece for the storebought resin items...

Enter my new 3D-printer...

With this machine I can make just about anything I want/need and in quantity, too...

A rack with barrels... I just LOVE this design!
I picked up this item from Thingiverse for free but I will be visiting the webshop of this designer... I have printed two sets so far, but I will do a couple more...

I scaled the desing down, just a bit, to fit my corridors and end pieces...

Another design I picked up at Thingiverse is this set of wine cabinets...


Just another great example of something I would love to add to my dungeon.

All these designs will mix very well with my current collection of dungeon clutter.

I also found this innkeeper and his modular bar...


These were designed by VaeVictis miniatures and are free... I was so impressed with their designs I joined their Patreon! Expect many more of their models soon...

The results of a weekend 3D-printing...
Quite a nice addition to the dungeon decor, I'd say...

No comments:

Post a Comment