Sunday 22 March 2020

3D-printing tanks... pt. VII M1 Abrams

Now my British/Canadian force is completed (for the time being) I had some time to print something different...

Well, not thát different, I mean, it's still a tank...


M1 Abrams, the early version, armed with the 105mm gun...
This model comes in three pieces...
When compared to the WW2 models I have been printing, this is something else.. Much bigger, with a smoother surface... And that gun... Printing it took almost 14 hours (13 hours and 54 minutes, to be exact) but the result is absolutely perfect... Only downside is I couldn't adapt the model because the file was too large to be imported into Tinkercad... So, no magnetized turret and no hollowed out hull.

I printed this M1 Abrams for my battle buddy. He's going to use this model for his Americans in Team Yankee.

The files for this very nice model can be found here, the tank is designed by m_bergman, just like most of the WW2 vehicles I have been printing.

Side by side with a M60A3 Patton from PSC...

No comments:

Post a Comment