Sunday 22 March 2020

3D-printing tanks... pt. VI: Daimler armoured car and Dingo

Ever since I started playing Flames of War, British armoured cars have always been a potential next project... Something about their design appeals to me. Availability always stopped me, but that's not a problem anymore...

As far as armoured vehicles go, the Dingo is very compact...

After the Staghound I decided to print a couple of Daimler Dingo's and Daimler armoured cars.

A set of Dingo's... 
I opted to print two different versions, opened and closed. For the open cars I will have to look for some models to crew them...

The Daimlef armoured car...
To complete the Recce platoon I also printed a set of Daimler armoured cars...

Daimler armoured car... This design comes with two different turrets...
Magnetized turrets... 
As with all the other tanks, I adapted the design to accommodate two smal magnets. I also hollowed out the barrels.


The Daimlers... The difference in size is striking...
When these came out of my printer I thought I had scaled one of them incorrectly. But after some quick onlime research it turned out the Daimler armoured car was quite a bit larger than the Dingo... These models will make for a nice Recce platoon.

I can't take any credit for these designs. The Dingo's were done by m_bergman, they can be found here
The Daimler armoured car was done by Kharn3655 and can be found here. This design comes with two different turrets, both of which I printed.

More tanks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment