Friday 28 February 2020

Going to MARS... We have liftoff...

Oh boy, do we have liftoff...

My printer arrived a day sooner than expected... Yay!


I won't bother you with an unboxing, there are already too many of those to be found in YouTube. Suffice to say, the machine was extremely well packaged and came with plenty of useful goodies...

My workspace... 

Getting started was fast and easy: within half an hour of arriving, the printer was installed and ready to go... I decided to print the innkeeper from VaeVictis first as I really like that design! 

Below you can see the steps from digital file to a real miniature...

The rendered file in Chitubox...
I don't have any pictures of the actual printing. But due to the way this printer works there is very little to see while the print is still in progress...

First print, still dripping with resin...
The buildplate in the slanted position, enabling even
more exess resin to drip back into the resin vat...
The models during their first rinse...
The ultra sonic cleaner working its magic...
You can clearly see the supports...
All cleaned up and left to cure under the UV-light...
I knew this machine was good, but that my first print would impress me this much I hadn't dared to hope... I am also quite relieved that my first print went so well.

Here is the printed model next to one of my metal miniatures...

The model is nicely detailed and the qualitiy of the design gives the miniature some real character! Talking of detail, it easily equals most of my other plastic, metal or resin miniatures... 

My second print can already be seen in the background and the third is already on it's way... 

No comments:

Post a Comment