Sunday 9 February 2020

If you go down to the woods today... pt. III

Under the guise of 'you can never have too many trees' I have been working on a new set of, you guessed it, trees...

This expansion comes in the shape of ten woods (a base with three trees) and ten single trees. All the trees and bases are made by hand as can be seen in part I and II of this series... The based trees are a good way to add some more diversity to an already very flexible terrain set.

Finishing these took me a good while longer than I expected (and hoped), but work is absorbing most of my 'free' time at the moment. On the other hand, a small and relatively simple project like this is perfect to clear the mind...

The trees after being basecoated... 
The finished set... 
With these new trees I can almost double the number of based trees for my 6mm Hex terrain.

When spread out, the added trees hardly stand out... 
While this evenly spreads the cover it can make for a very different type of battle, where you can move from tree to tree...
The trees can be easily clustered together to form larger woods... 
The trees can easily be clustered together to form larger woods, giving the battlefield an altogether different look... From a small distance, I must admit I prefer this approach. Slowly, the woods I want are beginning to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment