Wednesday 26 February 2020

Going to MARS... The final countdown...

The final preparations have been made, all I can do now, is wait for my printer to arrive...

Today I picked up several plastic containers at IKEA, the last of the supplies I needed... These come with a clamped, rubber sealed lid so should be watertight. These containers are going to be used to clean my printer parts (as they won't be able to fit in my pickle jars), like the resin vat and the build plate...

I also prepared a couple of files in Chitubox, the slicerprogram that's used to convert stl-files... I have studied several tutorials on how to operate this slicer, mainly focussing on support placement and model orientation... While the program is quite easy to use, I have the feeling I still have a lot to learn...

These models will be the first things I hope to get out of my printer. After that, I must really make some plans to get the most out of this machine...

The Innkeeper and a barrel from VeaVictis miniatures...
A rack with barrels, made by EC3D Designs...
Both of these prints will be printed at 28mm scale and will be put to good use in my modular HirstArts Dungeon. I really hope this is the next step, bringing further detail to this already vast project... The barrels were hollowed out, using the slicer.

A Jadgpanzer 38t, found on Thingiverse...
The Jagdpanzer will be printed in 15mm scale end will be used with Flames of War and What a Tanker! I used the slicer to hollow out this model, saving some resin.

All of these models can be found for free, on Thingiverse. A lot of designers use this platform to share their models, often giving access to free designs to promote their paid content. I have already found some very nice designs I am more than willing to pay for. When I am more confident I am getting the hang of my new printer I will surely get some of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment