Friday 7 August 2020

3D-printing Valour Korps... pt. III

As part of the august release on Patreon TMC provided me with another set of Valour Korps models...

One of the models released this month is this Lieutenant. 

He is armed in the same way as the Sergeant that spearheaded this range...


An idea that has been on my mind for several weeks was to replace the power sword from their first Valour Korps model (back when it was still called Blitz Korps) and replace it with a shovel... 
In 40K, the Death Korps of Krieg is somewhat known for their love of digging trenches, hence the shovel. And while the Sergeant is similarly armed with a sword, he lacks the scabbard... Besides, swords are a gentlemans weapon, hardly suited for a lowly Sergeant...
After a quick search on Thingiverse I found what I needed, a suitable hand to replace the one holding the sword and an awesome power shovel. Both were made by the same designer, Mafei.

I then used Tinkercad to (quite crudely) cut off both the hand and the sword and replace them with the new hand and the shovel. A quick and easy digital conversion, but one that I am very pleased with. 




The new arm printed without any difficulty, resulting in a very characterful model... 

Even though TMC just started the range, it's growing rather quickly. So far only the Regimental and Company Command Squads have been released, but next month will see the completion of the first squad builder... With those models I can make most models I need for a full Kill Team. 

My Kill Team so far... 

Thus far I have printed several models from both Command Squads and all three character models. I had printed both standard bearers too, but unfortunately those models warped during curing and will have to be printed again... Not a big deal, as I won't be using them for my Kill Team anyway.

All models are put on a named base, a neat little design I made just for my Kill Teams... 



5 comments:

  1. G-day, I am putting together a Steel Legion force, using a mix of GW, 3d printed and Wargames Atlantic minis. I am in desperate need of a Stand Bearer and would love to see the ones you mentioned in your 7 August post. Where can I see the files?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, just follow these two links for the pictures:

      https://images.app.goo.gl/2aa1unJSoZaaYkTr8
      And
      https://images.app.goo.gl/pH5bLc2HjwMLB9zMA

      Or check out their Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/themakerscult/posts
      Or check out their CGtrader page:
      https://www.cgtrader.com/themakerscult

      At the moment only the regimental command is on CGtrader, but the company command should be available by the end of the month.

      Kind regards

      Delete
  2. Hi - would you mind sharing just the arm with the power shovel? I'm subscribed to their patreon but love the alteration you've made.

    Or could you come join us on the makers guild discord and share it in their derivatives channel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob,

      I am on their discord, just not very active lately. I proposed adding it to the derivatives channel, but that wasn't possible because the shovel is made by someone else... Is there a way I can get in touch with you? Sharing just this part won't be a problem.

      Delete
  3. Those bases are awesome! Can you give some info on how to do these?

    ReplyDelete