Saturday 15 August 2020

3D-printing Feudal Guard... pt. IV

It's time for yet more Feudal Guard...

Most models in my Kill Team have something that sets them apart, yet the overall style of the Feudal Guard line easily ties the force together (though the orange might help too)...

With the release of the first upgrade pack for the Feudal Guard (as part of the Patreon release for july), the selection of different parts available is increased considerably. Especially the new helmets add a lot of character and are an easy way to individualise an otherwise faceless miniature. The additional arms with weapons make it very fun (and easy) to make your own leaders. 

All these helmets add a lot of options...


After the latest sale on CGtrader I have all the Feudal Guard sets (with the exception of the character models) and the possibilities are almost endless... Currently I am looking at ways to build a Necromunda gang with the Feudal Guard bits...

And to make it even better, another Feudal Guard upgrade pack is set to be released in august...

Technically not a part of my Kill Team, but I couldn't resist printing and painting a Sentinel... Most likely, he won't be the last either...

'Der Schleicher' or 'The Stalker'...


This model is huge, it towers over the regular infantry and it makes even the Ogryn look small. This model is nicely detailed and shares the overall style of the rest of the Feudal Guard range. I tried to give him a dynamic pose.


With the addition of the Sentinel, I can no longer call this a 'Kill Team-only' project, but that's fine by me... Typical, really, the Kill Team isn't even completed yet and I am already looking to take the next step...



And what would be better than to print a whole Tank? The obvious answer would be 'more Tanks', but that's something for another time... Printing this model was done in four full prints, taking me the better part of two days and a fair bit of resin... Totally worth it!

This kit comes with A LOT of options...

All the options are easily magnetized...

I had very little problems printing this big model, only the track guards warped a bit, but not so much that I could not use them... I am halfway through painting this Tank, here's a quick preview...



Yes, it's orange, too... 

This kit comes with all the options currently in the Astra Militarum CODEX for the Leman Russ Battle Tank and thanks to the clever design (which adds the option for magnetizing EVERYTHING) you can adapt the model to every possible configuration...

More Feudal Guard coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great painting and that orange colour is a really nice choice. What colour/brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the paint is from Citadel, I will post a picture with all the colours in my next update...

      Delete