Friday 25 October 2019

Going to town... pt. III

When building my first multi-Hex town module it quickly became apparent that, in order to be able to move miniatures around, some of the buildings would have to be detachable...

To achieve this I turned to magnets. I inserted magnets in the buildings I wanted to be able to remove and mirrored the magnets in the Hex base.

 Mind, the module is still a long way from being finished...

The streets are narrow, the buildings tall...
I looks good (I think), but is it practical to game on?
The module with the detachable buildings...

They might be small, but four of those small 2mm magnets
can secure a block of houses without any problems...

4 comments:

  1. excellent work! Are only a few of the houses magnetised or all of them? I suppose all would be a lot of work but then offer more flexibility? Also allows you to exchange them for damaged versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Funny you should say that... I do indeed have some plans in that direction. As soon as I have a decent playing surface ready, adding damaged buildings will be high on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea pure genius! Using magnets makes it so easy to take them off and store the tiles. I used straight pins so it didn't tear up the hexes or glued them which made them hard to store. With this idea there is no problem especially when you can remove the trees and move them. Just take the stuff off and store the tile flat with the others. Absolutely great idea that I will be using.

    ReplyDelete