Sunday 20 October 2019

A bridge too far...

My set of river Hexes only has one bridge. Too few in my opinion, but at the time of construction I didn't want to 'waste time' on building more bridges...

So, now I want/need more bridges. But I also want/need another multi-Hex town module...

The sollution to this issue presents itself, a multi-Hex town module which includes bridges... Should be easy, right?

The base of the module...
A simple mock-up to show where all the bridges and buildings go...
A small detail...
With all the bridges completed...


It's hard to see in these pictures, but all three bridges are slightly different in design.

A detail of one of the bridges...

As a point of interest I added a small factory complex...
The factory is also a nice change of pace from the regular buildings. The fence is made from two gate pieces from a wooden fence in a larger scale. I shortened it considerably and now it looks like a proper iron fence suitable for a factory like this. The chimney is made by cutting a piece of plastic tubing to length...

The factory has an enclosed yard with its own access to the river...

The finished module, ready for painting...

With a GHQ Panzer III for scale...
Before I finish my Hexes and buildings I tend to check the scale/size with a miniature, in this case a Panzer III from GHQ.

For good measure I also made two new bridges to add to my river Hexes.

Two new bridges...
Can't wait to get some paint on these... The river Hexes do require some time to build up the depth of the water.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work again! Look forward to seeing this develop and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to get this finished and ready for a decent battle. ps. I posted on your blog too, but the message seems to be waiting for approval ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! Just replied, forgot I had moderation of comments on. Managed to find where to turn it off now! Saw your stuff showcased on youtube on the Hex terrain toolkit channel! Well Done indeed!

      Delete