Thursday 12 September 2019

Working on the farmstead...

I want to add more variety to my 6mm Hex terrain. Slowly but surely work on the multi-Hex walled farmstead continues. The buildings have received a basecoat of dark paint and the courtyard has been textured.


Alongside the farmstead I am working on a single Hex with a small house.


All the buildings are made from scratch, using high density isulation foam, a hot wire cutter, a pencil and a hobby knife. Though they are not as detailed as some of the better models that can be bought online, they are detailed enough to work on this scale. I can make them relatively fast, easy and quite cheap... More important, they are a lot of fun to make! As with all things, with a little practice the design of the buildings improves over time and I now have a wide selection of buildings waiting to be based and painted.





No comments:

Post a Comment