Wednesday 11 September 2019

Multi-Hex walled farmstead...

Ever since I started playing WW2 wargames, I had some ideas on building a walled farmstead. A big complex, multiple buildings, walls all around and a gate... I made a half hearted attempt for my Flames of War scenery, but the big footprint of the whole set put me off and the project never got beyond a loose collections of barns.

However, in 6mm such a walled complex is a whole different story. Too big to fit on a single Hex (well, I could have made it fit, but I wanted a bit of space around the buildings, too). This new multi-Hex piece includes three road access points to connect it with the rest of my scenery.

Inside the walls there will be a tiled courtyard and I am thinking about adding a tree, either in the empty corner or in the centre...

Obviously still a work in progress, but I do like where this is going...




No comments:

Post a Comment