Monday 30 September 2019

Going to town...

What battlefield would be complete without at least something resembling a town or village?

For my 6mm Hex terrain I have constructed quite a few buildings and houses. Most of them while waiting for the post to deliver my Hex Terrain Toolkit... Now I am putting a good part of these on my first two multi-Hex town modules... All the buildings are made by hand and are cut from styrofoam.

Mind you, these are still heavily under construction...

WIP shot of the church module...
A closer look at the intersection...
I decided to place the church on a low hill. This would make the building stand out even more and offer the possibility of adding some flavour to the piece...

This picture sparked the idea of an elevated church, accessible by stairs... 
An overview of the first multi-Hex town module...
I want to create a town that wouldn't look out of place anywhere in north- western Europe, be it Northern France, Belgium, Holland or Britain... Furthermore, I want the town to be challenging to fight in and look reasonably realistic...




A look at the lay-out of the module...
This particular module features 11 houses/blocks. Most of these are situated on the main road but several can be found at the edges of the town...



No comments:

Post a Comment