Monday 6 January 2020

Hexes, Hexes everywhere... pt. X

The most recent additions, a small set of roads, a few basic grass Hexes and several multi-Hex fields... This has been one of the largest expansions so far, the fields especially cover quite a big surface...

For the new lay-out you can see below, I removed all the hill Hexes and rearranged a good portion of the river to accomodate all the new fields. It makes for a very different type of battlefield. The fields offer plenty of cover while still allowing line of sight...




With all the new fields there is plenty of colour. I like the overall effect, almost patchwork, of the village and outlying buildings surrounded by fields with various crops.

I originally intended this field to be just bare, plowed earth...
However, after finishing it I decided to plant some crop

This expansion represents the biggest part of the multi-Hex modules I have been working on recently, but there are still more under construction.

4 comments:

  1. Bloody fantastic project mate,

    All the best for 2020

    Cheers
    Matt (Bluewillow)
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Thank you very much! I reckon 2020 will be a good one, hope it will be a good year for you, too! I can guarantee there will be a lot more Hexes in the new year...

    Kind regards,

    Martijn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the field at the end! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillies,

      Thanks! I think it is a nice bit of variation and it works very well with the rest of the set.

      Delete