Sunday 22 December 2019

3D-printed reinforcements... pt. II

The first order at Shapeways left me wanting more... I already had a few items stored on my wishlist and decided to treat myself once more... All vehicles are designed by Masters of Military and printed by Shapeways... The prints and models themselves are highly detailed and of superb quality.

I picked up a German fieldkitchen, often referred to as 'Gulaschkanone'... While not a combat unit, I really wanted to add this to my collection...

No army can fight on an empty stomach...
Picture from Shapeways...
The printed models in their delivery form...

This will serve well as an objective or as part of a terrain piece. I think it would also be well suited to enhance a HQ unit...

I also purchased a unit of Selbstfahrlafette auf Fahrgestell VOMAG mit 8.8cm Flak...

Essentially a mobile gun platform...
The VOMAG in deployed state...
On the left a VOMAG with 8.8cm flak, on the right a VOMAG with range finder...
The printed models in their delivery form... These prints are extremely well done!

These things are big, and I mean really big! They dwarf even my Sturer Emil... The main reason I wanted to include these is that they are so weird/special/unique... The German idea basically was to take a bus or truck (the chassis was used for both), cut of the roof and put a big gun on top...
These actually saw action all through the conflict, serving all over Europe.

The models offer the option to be built either for travel or for combat.

Last models on the list are a set of SdKfz. 247... These command vehicles were built in limited numbers in the late 1930's and used during the early stages of the war.

The SdKfz. 247 Ausf. A...
The SdKfz. Ausf. B...
The printed models in their delivery form...
Note the difference in size between the Ausf. A and B...

I have both these vehicles in 15mm for my Flames of War Germans and I really wanted to include them in this new project too...

Once again the quality of the Shapeways models amaze me... Looking forward to get these painted!

No comments:

Post a Comment