Saturday 2 November 2019

Musings on terrain... pt.II

With the completion of the church and the first real village module being almost finished, there's the question of what to add next... The river set is already being augmented, both with the new bridges and the second village module (which also covers the expansion of the village/town).

With all those 'special' Hexes and modules being completed, it might be a good idea to pay some attention to the basics before embarking on the next ambitious project...
  • I am going to need more snowflake Hexes. As my collection grows, so should my foundation layer of snowflakes. I want to be able to fill a bigger surface, big enough for a serious battle, at least twice the size of my current set-up.
  • More basic grass Hexes... Just regular, flat Hexes... All the gaps between those special Hexes and modules need to be filled.
  • Hills! I want more vertical versatility... I really like the hill Hexes I have made so far, but the set is too small to be able to make any 'real' hills... 
  • Roads... With all the recent additions, like the houses with road access, I will need more roads, preferably Hexes with three or more exit/entry points...
Both the basic, flat Hexes and the hill Hexes are relatively easy and quick to make. I should have plenty of styrofoam, too. I hope this expansion can be realised soon... 

After that? I have some plans regarding building a quarry, mostly because I want to try out the cliff module of the Hex Terrain Toolkit, but also because I want to use it as a V2 launch site... That would make for a great objective, game wise...

For our what-if Seelöwe campaign I would like to build a RAF airfield and some radar stations, but the how and what part is still unclear.

I also want to add some damaged buildings to my Hexes. These should be simple enough to make and add some visual interest to the landscape....

No comments:

Post a Comment