Friday 22 November 2019

Laying the foundations... pt. II

Expanding the Hex terrain means I need more snowflakes. A lot more...

As I mentioned before, these are rather time consuming to cut. However, they are also indispensable if you want tight fitting Hex surface.

Over the last couple of days I managed to complete nine sheets of snowflakes (54 snowflakes in total, the sheets measure 2x3 snowflakes, glued together for improved cohesion).

These will be enough to expand the surface from the current 6x2 to 7x3 sheets (for a total of 126 Hexes)... This will easily be enough for a regular sized game or battle. This surface is just under a quarter of my total table surface, so there's still a way to go...

The recent expansion...  Now we're getting somewhere!

The landscape is taking shape... Mind the gap though...

The expansion of the snowflakes has overtaken my stock of terrain Hexes... I am going to make more basic Hexes to fill all the gaps.

The added space gives me enough room to deploy the entire river set. I like the meandering nature. In combination with the hills, the result is oddly organic, despite all the Hexes...

No comments:

Post a Comment