Thursday 11 November 2021

Fix bayonets! 3D-printing Valour Korps... Pt. V

After kitting out the standard Korpsmen with all their extra equipment I put together some additional pieces of gear for the Sergeants and Voxtroopers.

The Sergeants are all wearing capes, so they can't carry a backpack. The Voxtroopers carry their radio on their back, also preventing them to carry a backpack. For these models I made a large satchel to be worn on their belt. 

I also designed a bag to be carried by a belt over the shoulder. These bags could contain anything from medical supplies to explosives or classified material... Every Squad has a Korpsman with such a bag.

For the moment, I haven't included any special weapons in my infantry squads, but I do want a few heavy weapons mixed in with the regular troopers. The heavy weapon of choice is going to be the missile launcher. I put the crew on regular bases. In this way, they fit on the movement tray with the rest of the Squad.

I also equipped the missile launchers with belts, just like the lasguns of the Korpsmen. For these teams I designed a tube containing a rocket, which I included in a special backpack and carrying bag. 


The choice for the missile launcher is mostly based on looks, I like the way it resembles a panzershreck; I think it fits well with the theme of the army... But it also helps that it is very flexible.


6 comments:

  1. Hey man, love the look of your original and new take (red) Valour Korps! I’ve been starting to print my own collection of them recently, even if I haven’t settled on a scheme yet.

    I hate to be a nag, but do you have an STL available somewhere for the backpack you made, with the hole for respirator? I have all the parts from The Makers Cult but have no skill with digital sculpting.

    I’d be happy to chip you a couple bucks for the file, and the file for the shoulder bag if you’re willing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the compliment!

      I shared the backpacks on the TMC Discord, they can be found in the derivatives folder. I'm glad you like them,they were a lot of fun to make...

      Delete
    2. Ah ok, well if I resub to TMC again I’ll try to find them. Was hoping they’d be up somewhere like Cults or Thingiverse!

      Delete
    3. You should drop me a line... There should be a contact form around here, somewhere...

      Delete
    4. I sent you a message via the contact thing on the right of the webpage!

      Delete
    5. Yes, read and replied... That contact form works😁, included it after reading your question.

      Delete