Sunday 20 September 2020

3D-printing Feudal Guard... pt. VIII

It has been a while; work has been keeping me busy, but even so, the printer hasn't been idle...

I have printed another two squads of Guardsmen to back-up my first squad. I also replaced four guardsmen who I accidentally equipped with the wrong style helmet. 

These three units will be forming the backbone of my growing Astra Militarum force. For now I have equipped two squads with a meltagun and the third with a plasmagun. One of the Sergeants is armed with a laspistol and chainsword while the other two have been issued a boltgun. 

Three Vox-casters...

The second half of TMC-Patreon for this month contained another set of Feudal Guard upgrade bits. Included in this set are bits to equip a Vox-caster with the new styled arms. The set also includes all the bits needed to upgrade the Heavy Weapon Teams (I will be printing these soon). These upgrade packs have been extremely useful in making the FG range even more complete and flexible. 

The second part of the FG reinforcements for this update is formed by a squad of Rough Riders... As with all the Feudal Guard models these are very well designed. 


While these models aren't supported anymore by GW, I think it's still possible to field them in my force (or at least, I hope so)... If all else  fails, I still have a very good looking unit.

I designed custom bases for my cavalry, too...

Right now, I am looking at all these freshly printed models with a mix of wonder, pride, anticipation and growing dread, the latter is being fueled by the prospect of having to paint all of them... In that regard it's just like the old days when I still used to buy all my models, as in that I would buy them faster than I could paint...

The next update will most likely feature a squad of Veterans and some Storm Troopers with my own designed grav chutes... I also have been printing a Valkyrie dropship which just needs some final touches before it can be assembled and painted...

Oh, and I picked up the files to print my own Cerastus Knight, but that's a whole different story...




No comments:

Post a Comment