Thursday 14 April 2016

A return to the City of the Damned...

Waaaaaaay back in 2009 I started building on a Mordheim board. While it all started out simple enough, the project quickly turned into a whole table: the board was built up with Hirst Arts blocks and filled with scratch-built scenery and an ever growing number of statues...

After about two years of building the project slowed down and eventually fell silent, my hobby time diverted elsewhere... Even so, Mordheim was never really forgotten, and now, almost seven years after I started the project, I picked it up again... This time, I fully intend to finish it...

For a more complete overview of the project, I should direct you to My Own Little Corner of Mordheim. Here you will find the thread I started in 2009 to document the project.

The sorry state my Mordheim table currently inhabits... Collecting dust for a couple of years. The lack of paint should be obvious, so that's where I have to invest some time and effort...

One of the scenery pieces I never finished, a huge tree... I really liked this piece, and decided to paint it as one of the first new items. After this picture was taken, the tree was painted in it's base colours, it is now awaiting further detailing.



One of the changes I want to include in my scenery is the addition of foliage... To make the city feel a bit overgrown I want to add creeping vines and clumps of foliage to the scenery pieces. 

Nother new addition, a huge statue... This one is based on a 'miniature' from the Colossal Lords series.


As well as the smaller scenery pieces, my buildings will also be updated with some vines and foliage... This was the only building I finished, all these years ago. With the recent update it looks better than ever...


No comments:

Post a Comment